Friday, April 13, 2018

Whisky I've Drank: Hankey Bannister 12 Years Old Regency



By OlsBean - Aberdeenshire
Two Words "Absolutely Exceptional" - I'm a regular whisky drinker and I enjoy both Single Malts and Blends, I've modest collection of malts and I have a regular turnover of blends (much to my wife's dismay), Chivas 12 being my regular feet up in front of fire tipple, however if money was no option then hand on heart, Hankey Bannister 12 would have to replace it, it just has the edge when it comes to flavour.
I won't bore anyone with my amateurish interpretation of the flavours and notes but just to say - delightful. I shared a bottle at Christmas with family after purchasing it at a discount in a Lightning Deal and whisky drinkers and non whisky drinkers alike had nothing but good things to say about it! Sadly it did not last long and just the memory of it is making salivate as I sit here and write this little review.
SlĂ inte

By MasterOfMalt
Hankey Bannister & Co. was established by Beaumont Hankey and Hugh Bannister in 1757 and their blended whiskies would, in time, become favourites of the likes of Sir Winston Churchill. The brand is now owned by Inver House, owners of distilleries such as Balblair and Knockdhu, whose malts are used to create this 12 year old blend. In 2012 Regency won a Silver Medal at the International Spirits Challenge (ISC) in 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment