Sunday, January 17, 2016

Whisky I've Drank: Jack Daniel's Single Barrel Select






By Masterofmalt
Obviously with it not being blended, not everyone is going to have the same experience. I was eating at the Bourbon House in New Orleans with the family and we figured they knew their whiskey. I asked the waiter for something extra special and he recommended the JD Single Barrel. It was a hit with everyone. I now have a bottle at home that is so good, I honestly don't know how it could possibly be improved upon. I'm down near the bottom of the bottle, and it has mellowed out a bit from evaporation, but the flavor is still excellent. I have a bottle of Glenlivet 12, which was about the same price. It's an eye opening experience to go between the two. The JD Single Barrel is just as complex as the Glenlivet, but just tastes so much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment